Saturday, January 28, 2012
Surefire Flashlights: A Brilliant Choice
There are certain products that come our way and make us think, “What did I ever do without this?” Such is the case with the line of flashlights from Surefire. Once the gang here tested these little marvels, (or “illumination tools,” as Surefire calls them) there was no thought of settling for flashlights of our past. Little could come in handier in select (especially low light) situations than a trusty handheld light. But, let’s be truthful: how many flashlights in your past have been consistently reliable? Bright enough for the job? Many of us have that dreaded drawer which harbors flashlights in varying stages of disarray, filaments broken or burned out, half-dead batteries rolling around everywhere. And, even when one is at the ready, we all share that dismal story of grabbing one, flicking it on, and click–nothing. Argh!
With Surefire’s line of illumination tools, everything is under control. Ever seen a flawless beam of light coming from a flashlight? I mean, one without dark spots, imperfections, or rings? We hadn’t, and we were duly impressed. Amazed, even. Surefire lays claim to offering a world-famous beam, achieved by combining quality components and power sources, and by teaming the light source with the correct precision reflector. There is even a tiny computer inside regulating power from the battery to deliver the most consistent light output. Wow! The result, when compared to ordinary flashlights is like night and…well, day.
Consider these factors that make Surefire products light years above other brands:
1. Some of the smallest, brightest and most lightweight flashlights in the industry.
2. Surefire’s use of super-efficient LEDs means there is no filament to burn out or break.
3. The instrument won’t suddenly quit once the battery power runs out; instead, it provides gradually decreasing levels of light as it uses every last drop of energy in the battery.
4. Your hand will easily and quickly find the switch on the tailcap, and a lockout feature prevents accidentally leaving the flashlight on. Two styles of headlamps afford no-hands illumination.
5. Impact and weather resistant; O-rings keep dust, dirt, and moisture out.
6. Your choice of rechargeable or non-rechargeable flashlights; both use high-power density lithium batteries which perform better in cold temps and have a longer shelf life.
7. Surefire’s no-hassle, limited lifetime warranty.
Check out these 4 staff favorites:
LX2 Luma Max Flashlight: Compact, dual-output, with a high beam 10x the light of a big 2-D cell battery flashlight!
St. Minimus Hands-Free LED Lighting: Comfortable, hands-free convenience with a variable, wide-range beam that matches your natural field of view. The Minimus runs on a single 123A battery, and has a setting for a long-running SOS beacon.
G2X Pro Flashlight: Tough polymer body and two output levels: a brilliant, wide 200-lumen beam, or a low-output setting that can last 45 hours. A great companion at home or away.
E18 Backup Flashlight: Only 4” long, but don’t let the ultra-compact size fool you! Developed for patrol officers, this little marvel can do the job, whether it be self-defense, reading a map, or navigating at night.
This short video gives an impressive demonstration of the quality and strength of Surefire's world-famous beam. Have a look! While Surefire illumination tools may cost more than other store brands, it is money well spent on unmatched quality and dependability. Flashlights built to serve every time, in every situation. Highly recommended!
Eagle Optics Staff
Binoculars: Bring them. See what they bring you.